As you know dear readers, the lovely co. normally likes to share our thoughts with you about style, homes, food and other lovely things that we think help make life all the more sweet.
We did have such a post planned today but it just didn’t feel right after the terrible atrocities that have taken place in Oslo this weekend. Our heart goes out to everyone in Norway, and especially the families and friends of the victims. It’s almost unbelievable.
We don’t mean to go all ‘Oprah’ on you, but when something like this happens it really makes us think about all the things in life we are grateful for. It’s quite personal to verbalise (or in this instance, to write down) the things in your life that matter the most to you, and the lovely co. is feeling a little shy about it.
Of course precious family and friends and the love they give top the list, but we have realised there are lots of other things that we are very grateful for and that always manage to put a smile on our face. Some of these are big things, others are small. We’ve probably taken most of them for granted at some time or another. Here’s a small selection in no particular order.
- That Mr Lovely brings us a cup of tea in bed every Saturday and Sunday morning, without fail. Such a nice way to ease into the day.
- The way Josie, our four month old puppy, snuggles up for a little cuddle every night before she goes to sleep.
- That our lovely Mum calls just to say hello, and always starts the conversation with ‘Are you busy?’
- That our 3 1/2 year old niece, Eleanor, has the most amazing sense of humour. She really is the funniest person we know, and she doesn’t even know it.
- Chocolate. Enough said.
- Picking up where we left off with old friends.
- That, with Mr Lovely, we are creating a beautiful home, so much more than just a house.
What are you grateful for? Have you thought about writing it down?
We’ll leave it there for today and will be back to tomorrow with something a little lighter. Here’s a sneak preview: We’ll be talking about Hamptons interiors! Fun!
Have a lovely day. x.