After a hectic week, tomorrow we are off on a road trip with Mr Lovely. It’s been ages since we hit the open road.
We must confess that our road trips normally involve a stop off at a certain ubiquitous fast food ‘restaurant’…you know the one we mean – tastes good at the time, but not so nice half an hour later. Anyway, not this time. Today the lovely co. has whipped up a yummy batch of savoury muffins to take on the journey. It’s good to know each and every ingredient that went into them!
Not only would these be great for the road, but they would also be delicious for brunch. As always, please let us know if you have a go at making them.
Have a lovely weekend. X.
Bacon, corn and zucchini muffins (makes 12)
125g shortcut bacon, diced
1 3/4 cups self-raising flour
1 3/4 cups grated tasty cheese
1 1/2 cups of milk
60g butter, melted
125g tin corn kernels, drained
1/2 zucchini, finely grated
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius. Grease a muffin tin.
- Fry bacon in a non-stick frying pan for 3 minutes until crispy. Cool.
- Sift flour into bowl, add cheese and stir to combine.
- Whisk milk, butter and egg together. Add to flour and then add bacon, cor and zucchini and mix quickly and lightly.
- Place mixture in tray.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden. Cool on wire rack.