Many a time when we blog about what we’ve been baking, the leftovers make their way to work with Mr Lovely the next day. It’s gotten to the point where his colleagues have started making requests. This is so flattering and we’re happy to oblige as we do love to potter around in the kitchen.
This afternoon we are trying a new sweet treat recipe, Orange Sweetheart Biscuits (so named because the recipe suggests using a heart shaped cookie cutter, but we’ve just made ours round today). The recipe was oh so easy with limited ingredients too. Phew…not too much mixing required means minimal washing up. We hope the office enjoys them!
Orange Sweetheart Biscuits
125g brown sugar
125g butter or margarine
2 Tbs orange juice
1 Tbs finely grated orange rind
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
- In a large bowl combine sugar, butter, egg, juice, rind and vanilla. Mix with electric beater until smooth.
- Add sifted flour and baking powder to the bowl. Mix well with wooden spoon to combine.
- Cover with cling film and chill for 1-2 hours until firm enough to roll out.
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees celsius. Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Roll out chilled dough on a clean surface, lightly dusted with flour. Cut out biscuits and place on lined trays.
- Bake for 10 mins, or until golden. Dust with icing sugar to serve.
Have a lovely night. x.