Well lovelies, after a three month glorious break from corporate life, tomorrow we are heading back to the grind (well part-time anyway) . We’ve thoroughly enjoyed pottering around the new house, hanging with Josie-dog, baking up a storm and of course writing this blog everyday. But now it’s time to get organised. One of the biggest challenges of working a full day is then coming home to prepare a healthy and tasty dinner that doesn’t require too much slaving away.
Today we are getting in early and cooking up a yummy batch of chilli which we will just need to reheat and serve with some rice tomorrow night. Voila!
500g heart smart beef mince
1 large brown onion, chopped
1 green capsicum, chopped
1 red chilli, chopped finely
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 Tbs olive oil
440g tin of red kidney beans, drained
440g tin of diced tomatoes
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon smokey paprika
Beef stock cube, dissolved in 2/3 cup of water
Fresh parsely, chopped (garnish for serving)
Low fat sour cream (for serving)
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan on medium heat. Add onion, capsicum and chilli and cook until soft, Stir occasionally. Add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add mince and cook until browned. Add kidney beans and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add chilli powder, paprika and dissolved stock cube. Stir through meat and beans.
- Add tomatoes and stir through.
- Cover and reduce heat and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with steamed rice, a dollop of sour cream and some parsley chopped and sprinkled over the top.
Enjoy and have a lovely day. x.