We’ve had a long-standing love affair with Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. It started on a trip to New York about 10 years ago and they’ve been a firm favourite ever since. We came across the recipe for these peanut butter cookies in our Marie Claire ‘Comfort’ cook book, and we were more than a little reminded of our fave American candy.
This recipe makes a good sized batch of 24 cookies so they are a great homemade option for the biscuit barrel.
90g softened unsalted butter
4 heaped tsp of crunchy peanut butter
150g brown sugar
1 cup plain flour
1/2 tsp bi-caarb soda
1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Cream butter, sugar and peanut butter until pale.
- Add egg and mix thoroughly.
- Sift in flour, bi-carb and cinnamon. Mix until combined.
- Drop teaspoonfuls onto the trays, leaving space for the cookies to spread.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool a little on the tray and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
By the way, if we’re not blogging on Tuesdays and Thursdays it’s because we are back in the office on those days. We’ll try to post something, but it might be just a quick message to our lovely readers. Of course we’ll still have full posts for you on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Have a lovely day. x.